Sunday, March 14, 2010

How much should i spend on my first pair of Inline Skates?

The advice coming from most websites i've looked at is to spend at least £100.00, but this seems a little excessive for my first pair. What woud people recommend?

How much should i spend on my first pair of Inline Skates?
A lot depends on what you are going to do with them and how serious you are going to get.





If you are going to skate a few klicks per month, go with cheap skates. The more you intend to skate and the better you expect to be, the higher quality skates you want.





My first skates would be more than your £100 but that was about 12 years ago. My current ones would have been about $350 US if I hadn't gotten a really good deal on them.





Get a helmet and at least wrist guards. They will save you quite a bit of pain when (not if) you fall and possibly your life. I knew a person who fell and hit the back of his head. If he had a helmet, he would still be alive and skating.





Try on all the skates in your price range that you can. Different brands and models fit differently.


You want them to feel snug all around your feet without crushing your toes.
Reply:i spent 80 euros for my first pair



books

No comments:

Post a Comment