Sunday, March 14, 2010

A good brand of inline skates for beginners?

Please note that I am looking to do some tricks.

A good brand of inline skates for beginners?
I don't think there's a lot of difference between brands with entry-level skates. My first pair, I got cheap skates but bought really good pads -- I suggest you do the same. Wrist and knee pads are musts, I never skate without them. (Falls are much more enjoyable without the blood.) Elbow pads and helmets are more optional, though you may want to invest if you're doing tricks. (if you already have a bicycle helmet, that may do)





I like to go fast so my skates have the wheels all level. But if you're doing tricks, you'll probably want to "rocker" the wheels -- so the first and last wheels are higher than the middle wheels. That allows you to make much tighter turns, etc. A lot of skates will allow you to adjust the height of the outside wheels depending on how you want to go between speed and maneuverability.
Reply:A couple of suggestions I have are Rollerblade Downtowns or Razors Cult skates. These two are relatively inexpensive and you can often find the Downtown's on eBay for under $100. I have listed a couple of online skate shops here just in case you don't have a shop near you. The guys at any of the ones I've listed are very knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have as to the specifics of the skates.





Either the Rollerblades or the Razors will be comfortable skates, easy to learn in and are good quality to stand up to any abuse you, as a beginner, can put them through.





Be sure to get some pads as you'll probably find yourself falling a lot at first. Wrist guards and knee pads are a must!





Best of luck, happy skating and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.



windows media player 11

No comments:

Post a Comment