Sunday, March 14, 2010

How long does a good set of inline skates last?

I bought a very cheap pair for $40, but now that I know I enjoy skating and am doing better with it, I would like to invest in my first pair. Any suggestions on how long they last, and any good brands to go with?





Thanks

How long does a good set of inline skates last?
I did the same thing when I first started skating! Bought a pair of cheap, plastic skates, and decided to upgrade when I really got into it--and that was 13 years ago!!! And I still love skating.





Skates now-a-days are made really well, and will last a long time (even 10 years), as long as you do a little maintenance here and there. Try to avoid rolling in water, dirt, and sand because they get into your bearings. If you feel that your wheels are not rolling as much as they used to, it may be time to take apart your wheels %26amp; bearings and do a little cleaning and lubing. Don't forget to rotate your wheels so they don't look 'wedged' to one side. Also, don't forget to take care of the inside of your boots, too. If it's a little damp, put in some newspaper, paper towels, or old t-shirts and remember to keep the boot upright. Perspiration can break down the lining of the boot. Here's a link to some tutorials/how-tos for skate maintenance:


http://www.skatelog.com/maintenance/arti...





As far as good brands, K-2, Rollerblade, Salomon are very reputable skates. If possible, buy one with frames that can accomodate large wheels (90mm-100mm). That way, you can start off with smaller wheels, such as 76mm and if you decide that you want to roll on larger wheels (to go faster), you will be able to. Main thing is to make sure you buy one that fits and is comfortable.





Hope that helped. Happy Rolling! (^_^)
Reply:it really depends how often and aggressively you use them and maintain them


some of my skates have lasted me a good 3 years and i skate A LOT


you also dont have to get new skates every time your wheels wear out just go to the company website and get some replacement wheels


if you just do rec skating then probably k2 is a good brand



windows

No comments:

Post a Comment