Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How can I combine inline speed skates with trick skates?

It doesn't have to be aggressive skates but the skates that guys use to go real fast combined with trick skates (maybe excluding grinding). When I say trick skating I mean free skating.





Free skating: Riding around cities and towns with friends wile doing a series of tricks and finding the fastest root to get from point A to point B.





What kind of wheel set up should I have to combine free skating (or trick skating) with the speed of race skating? But not to fast, I need some control. Take a look at this wiki page about wheel set ups and tell m weather I should have it like one of these set ups or do you guys know of a better set up to combine speed with monouver tricks and maybe even a little slalom...ok maybe thats a bit much but hey, maybe not.








Wiki page on wheel set ups:





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/full_rocker...














Just incase you wanted to know what slalom is:





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/freestyle_s...

How can I combine inline speed skates with trick skates?
I've just started practicing slalom over the summer. I bought a pair of the Rollerblade Twister II Pros:


http://www.blackdiamondsports.com/Roller...





I think these are probably the best skates to get right now in Canada for freeskating and a bit of slalom. The frame is too long for slalom unless your skate size is over 42-43. Other options would be some durable hockey skates. Recreational skates generally lack the side-to-side ankle support for the bit of jumping that you might do for freeskating.





Now as for the rockering, I find it hard to go full speed with a full rocker because it becomes unstable (which is perfect for slalom)


http://skating.thierstein.net/Knowledge/...


The site above gives all the different types of rocker. For freeskating I would probably go for a front rocker, so that the skates are more maneuverable but still stable.





It all depends on what you do more often.





I hope this helps.



interest rate

No comments:

Post a Comment