Friday, November 6, 2009

Are my new inline skates the wrong type for what I want to use them for?

I just bought a pair of Roces Chapter 322 skates for £20, since they were reduced from £100. I know they're an old model, but I don't care about fashion much. However, they ARE aggressive skates, and I plan to use them just for mild recreation. Are there any major disadvantages to using aggressive street skates for simple fun skating?

Are my new inline skates the wrong type for what I want to use them for?
Yes, they are the wrong skates but with the price you got them for, it isn't a huge loss if you get others in a year. You may also decide to try some of the agressive moves later and like it.





Agressive skates are pretty much the most specialized skates commonly sold.





You can learn to skate and skate for fun but you will be slower and work harder than even a cheap pair or rec skates. If you decide to skate with other people, you may find that you have trouble keeping up.





The tiny, hard, flat profile, wheels are designed for landing jumps without breaking the wheels or your ankles. They will be horible on streets or trails compared to the worst recreational wheels.


Since there is a size gap between agressive wheels and rec wheels, you most likely cannot put the smallest recreation wheels on your skates.


Size of wheels make a big difference in how well they roll. I generally do not recommend that people get wheels that are smaller than 80mm for recreational skates since that is the smallest common size for replacement wheels. (you can get wheels down to 72mm but your choices are limited and they tend to be poor wheels.





Agressive skates are also built heavy and stiff. Again, this is because of the abuse that they are designed for.
Reply:I used to be into aggressive skating alot and had a pair of solomon skates, however, I used them also for everything from going to the skating rink to playing street hockey with my friends, they are really sturdy and will hold up for a long time . The only disadvantage I can see is that they are a little bit hevier than regular inline skates, but I didn't seem to have a problem with that.



leather handbag

No comments:

Post a Comment